About Me Photography Etsy

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

back to school// inspiration

It's that time of year again, when college is starting back up, and we're all feeling a little lazy about getting back into the swing of things. So in order for you to get excited about going back this semester and sitting through those boring lectures, I figured I'd help out by putting a little color back into your day. Here's a few things that should help perk up your day with these cute back to school ideas.




Instead of buying boring notebooks, or spending 3 dollars on one that has a picture, make your own! This cute DIY from A Beautiful Mess  is the perfect way to add a unique touch to your school supplies. I've made these with composition notebooks and scrapbook paper before, but I would like to try it with fabric like Elsie did. Then add some cute patches, buttons, or pictures to it and VOILA!


Everyone gets sick of cafeteria food, and most college kids can't afford lunch every day because we have tuition and books to pay for, so bring your own lunch in these cute oilcloth lunch sacks. There's a great DIY for it here.

 I absolutely love love love these chalkboard bubbles. They're cute and perfect for decorating, writing memos, or just plain fun. I found that you can buy them at many places like at photojojo or you can make them! Yes, make them! I found a DIY by Kami Bigler and for an affordable price too. I just think these are so neat!



I haven't had the honor to use these on a roomate, but hey I figure what the hell! Next year when I move into a dorm, when I can actually afford it, I'll be sure to buy some of these if I ever feel the need to get my point across. And you can too! I found these at fredflare!
 
Ummmm how awesome is this?! Need a new tote bag to haul all your books around with? Go to dad. Yup, with an old breif case, you can create one just like this.... I know I'm planning on it. Zac Posen is so creative, and he gives you the DIY here! Magical. I'm in love.




If you have any other cute or creative ideas, or found something you'd love to share that you think is a great back to school idea, then please share! I'd love to get some more insight! I start classes in five days, and I don't know where the summer went. I guess they mean it when they say "all good things must come to an end." Well, that's it for now, thanks for stopping by!

xoXo I am a Rabbit

2 comments:

  1. One of the reasons I love autumn so much is the back to school stationary!! And I love this briefcase D-I-Y soooooo much!! Thanks for sharing :)
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is simply exciting, and anytime! I love the DIY as well. If you end up making one, please share with me! Thanks for stopping by!

    xoXo I am a Rabbit

    ReplyDelete